San Francisco Giants first-round draft pick Reggie Crawford, right, talks with manager Gabe Kapler during batting practice before the team's baseball game against the Arizona Diamondbacks in San Francisco, Wednesday, Aug. 17, 2022. (AP Photo/Godofredo A. Vásquez)

San Francisco - Reggie Crawford has already played two games for the Los Gigantes Arizona League, but went to Oracle Park for the first time on Wednesday.
The Giants selected Crawford, 21 fall.
Crawford returned to Diamond last week at Arizona Giants installations for the first time since its surgery. In two games, he has a success, two balls on balls and a punch. After being closed for two weeks since the launch, Crawford began its progress in the enclosure of the lifts on Monday and hopes to be out of the mound in a month.
"It's incredible, I was getting crazy without seeing a live launch in the last 10 months," said Crawford. “I was itching. See everyone play. I balance and practice these things, but I couldn't enter the game. It was pleasant. »
Crawford did a hitting practice at Oracle Park before the Giants against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Wednesday and showed energy, reaching circuits at the Central Garden while it was familiar with the major league team and the Coaches. The Logan Webb launcher communicated with Crawford on social networks after his selection on the night of the draft, but otherwise he was with the majority of his teammates for the first time.
Crawford Bill as a two -way player, a superstar of skill Shohei Ohtani is popular with Los Angeles Angels.
"I understand that this is a unique situation, but I try to maximize both sides as possible," he said. "It's great to be in this environment in Arizona with these guys. Take pieces of everyone to maximize the striking side and the launching side."
Flexibility and versatility are skills that the giants largely prioritized during the president of the Farhan Zaidi baseball operations. Consequently, the unique versatility of Crawford could give it an advantage in the giant system, said manager Gabe Kapler, even if he does not hinder the high bar that Ohtani established for two players.
