Visit my YouTube channel

NY prosecutors open investigation into Rep.-elect George Santos

admin

#USA#BreakingNews#News



FILE - Rep.-elect George Santos, R-New York, speaks at an annual leadership meeting of the Republican Jewish Coalition Saturday, Nov. 19, 2022, in Las Vegas. Santos, who won a seat in Congress in the November election is under pressure to explain himself amid evidence that he fabricated parts of the life story that endeared him to New York voters. (AP Photo/John Locher, File)

George Santos referred to himself as "a proud American Jew" during his campaign. He backtracked on that claim, saying he never intended to claim Jewish heritage, which would have likely raised his appeal among his district's significant ranks of Jewish voters. "I am Catholic," he told the Post. "Because I learned my maternal family had a Jewish background I said I was 'Jew-ish.'"


Originally published at The Associated Press

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)
Visit my YouTube channel

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !