Visit my YouTube channel

High school baseball rankings: Bay Area News Group season-ending Top 20

admin
#USA#BreakingNews#News

De La Salle’s Tanner Griffith (2) holds up the trophy in celebration after De La Salle High School won against Valley Christian High School in the CIF NorCal Division I championship at Valley Christian High School in San Jose, Calif., on Saturday, June 3, 2023. (Shae Hammond/Bay Area News Group)




Bay Area News Group Baseball Top 20 (season finale)

(Mercury News & East Bay Times)

No. 1 DE LA SALLE (27-5)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 2

Final word: Beat Clayton Valley to win the North Coast Section Division I title and Valley Christian to capture the NorCal Division I crown, stretching postseason win streak to 30 dating to 2016.

No. 2 VALLEY CHRISTIAN (31-4)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 1

Final word: Beat Hollister to win the Central Coast Section Division I title, lost to De La Salle in the NorCal Division I final.

No. 3 CLAYTON VALLEY CHARTER (22-7)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 8

Final word: Lost to De La Salle in the NCS Division I final and to Valley Christian in the NorCal Division I quarterfinals.

No. 4 ST. IGNATIUS (20-12)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 18

Final word: Lost to Valley Christian in the CCS Division I semifinals and beat Casa Grande to win the NorCal Division II championship.

No. 5 SAN RAMON VALLEY (20-10)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 4

Final word: Lost to Clayton Valley Charter in the semifinals of the NCS Division I playoffs.

No. 6 LIVE OAK (18-11)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 13

Final word: Lost to Hollister in the CCS Division I semifinals and Casa Grande in the first round of the NorCal Division II regional.

No. 7 ARCHBISHOP MITTY (21-8)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 3

Final word: Lost to Live Oak in the first round of the CCS Division I playoffs.

No. 8 PITTSBURG (20-10)

Regular-season-ending ranking: Not ranked

Final word: Reached the semifinals of the NCS Division I playoffs, losing to De La Salle.

No. 9 GRANADA (20-7)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 7

Final word: Lost to Pittsburg in the first round of the NCS Division I playoffs.

No. 10 BELLARMINE (21-13-1)

Regular-season-ending ranking: Not ranked

Final word: Won the CCS Division II championship and lost to St. Ignatius in the semifinals of the NorCal Division II regionals.

No. 11 JAMES LOGAN (19-7)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 15

Final word: Beat Foothill in the first round of the NCS Division I playoffs before losing to Clayton Valley in the quarterfinals.

No. 12 CAMPOLINDO (18-9-1)

Regular-season-ending ranking: Not ranked

Final word: Reached the final of the NCS Division III playoffs before losing to Cardinal Newman by a run in the final.

No. 13 LOS GATOS (20-8)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 5

Final word: Lost to St. Ignatius in the first round of the CCS Division I playoffs.

No. 14 MENLO-ATHERTON (19-8)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 10

Final word: Lost to Valley Christian in the opening round of the CCS Division I playoffs.

No. 15 BERKELEY (19-8)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 16

Final word: Lost to San Ramon Valley in the quarterfinals of the NCS Division I playoffs.

No. 16 AMADOR VALLEY (18-6)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 6

Final word: Lost to Freedom in the first round of the NCS Division I playoffs.

No. 17 LIBERTY (17-10)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 17

Final word: Beat Dublin in the first round of the NCS Division I playoffs and then lost to De La Salle in the quarterfinals.

No. 18 ST. FRANCIS (16-13)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 12

Final word: Uneven resume includes a doubleheader sweep of De La Salle. Lost to Hollister in the first round of the CCS Division I playoffs.

No. 19 LEIGH (19-11)

Regular-season-ending ranking: 19

Final word: Lost to Bellarmine in the championship game of the CCS Division II playoffs.

No. 20 BRANHAM (22-8)

Regular-season-ending ranking: Not ranked

Final word: Lost to Carmel in the championship game of the CCS Division III playoffs.


Teams eligible for the Bay Area News Group rankings come from leagues based predominantly in Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara and San Mateo counties.


Originally published at Darren Sabedra

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)
Visit my YouTube channel

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !